Get Fit for Sport Challenge:
The Get Fit for Sport Challenge is simple…GET MOVING! Aim to exercise three times a week for at least 30 minutes.
Need some exercise ideas?
- Play sports
- Jump Rope
- Lift weights
- Circuit training
Getting a little tired of your exercise routine?
- SHAKE IT! Put on your favorite music and dance like a wild person.
- SHARE! Show a friend or family member some of the exercises that you are doing.
- JUMP IT UP! Do jumping jacks during commercials while you are watching a TV show.
- RACE! Challenge your friends to a race.
- TRACK IT! Track all the water you drink in the day. Aim for 8 glasses of water per day.
- BEACH IT! Take a walk in the sand and try to find shells.
- COOK IT! Plan and prepare a healthy meal for friends and family.
- GO GREEN! Do your workout outside with friends.
- TRY IT! Try something you’ve never done: a sport, yoga, Zumba or a healthy snack.
Need a little motivation?
- Sign up with your Local Program Coordinator to receive weekly emails to keep you on track. Emails will begin the week of August 29th and continue through October 1st.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at the Rail Trail Rally on Saturday, October 1st at Proctor Academy in Andover, NH. Talk with your Local Program Coordinator for more details and to register for a 1.5 mile fun run/walk, 5K run or 20K bike. If you are an athlete, you can also sign up to be put on a Unified Team with a student from Proctor Academy who will help keep you motivated!
- Everyone who completes the challenge (by signing up with your Local Program Coordinator and completing a post challenge survey) will receive a Get Fit for Sport item or a new pair of sneakers (while supplies last).
- Share your successes and struggles with us via Facebook or Twitter using hashtag #SONHGetsFit
- Check out blogs written by SONH athletes Laura Davies and Parker Thornton!
Meet Jamie Staton's Virtual Running Team