Do have a passion for writing and content creation? Does sharing empowering stories about sport, people with intellectual disabilities, volunteers and partnerships excite you? Are you a detail oriented, outside of the box thinker? If so, WE NEED YOU to be our Director, Communications!
Special Olympics New Hampshire (SONH) is a fast-paced, athlete centered, volunteer led, event-based organization for people with intellectual disabilities. We promote inclusion, acceptance, and physical fitness, allowing our athletes to experience the joy of sports and gain self-confidence.
The Director, Communications is part of the Administration Department which works to support the organization’s success by providing all departments aid in back-end execution of day to day and event specific work to assist in achieving organizational goals.
SALARY, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Salary range of $75,000 – $100,000
- Work from your home base with company provided equipment and supplies
- Job does require travel throughout NH to several in person meetings weekly
- Flexible Schedule Option from mid June through Labor Day (four – 10 hour days)
- Earn more than 5 weeks of paid time off annually:
- 2 weeks accrued vacation in year 1, higher accrual in future years
- 4th of July week off with pay
- 12 paid holidays
- 6 days accrued sick time
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Premiums are 100% company funded for employee.
- Option to opt-out of medical coverage and receive a cash stipend.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and/or daycare expenses
- 403(b) retirement plan with 6% company match from first day of employment
- Mileage reimbursement at IRS rate, currently 65.5 cents/mile
The Director, Communications will ensure Special Olympics New Hampshire’s name and mission work is consistently and prominently shared with the Special Olympics New Hampshire family and the Granite State across all communication mediums and platforms. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Branding, Messaging, Stories & Blogs, research, write and edit high-quality blog posts, articles, and other content pieces to share with stakeholders that align with our mission and organizational needs.
- Collateral/graphics, generate collateral pieces and/or graphics for events and leave behind materials for event based and/or ongoing SONH programs.
- Constant Contact, collaborate with other departments to share messaging to the entire SONH family. Develop a consistent, balanced and relevant content calendar to keep readers engaged in our mission and stories.
- Photography, work with volunteer photographers to capture our athletes, volunteers and partners in action at our events to assist in sharing our story.
- Manage direct report, the Director, Communication will hire, train, and manage the Manager, Communication to support them in their areas of responsibility.
- Website content, create, update and maintain the content on SONH.org. Maximize engagement and ensure our website meets the needs of current and future stakeholders.
- Social media (support), provide support to the Senior Manager, Multimedia (as needed) in social media content creation and platform management.
- Support, execute administrative support needs from SONH departments as assigned (Program, Development, Data & Systems).
- Must work multiple events throughout the year that include evenings, weekends and overnights.
- Available to regularly travel throughout New Hampshire.
- Able to lift 35 pounds, move about, bend, reach and be on one’s feet for several hours at a time.
- Cell phone (monthly stipend provided to help offset cost)
- Valid driver’s license
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SONH is committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. This includes equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other status protected by applicable law.