Join us as nearly 750 Special Olympics athletes go for gold in candlepin and tenpin competition on November 2, 2019. All the information you need for the State Bowling Tournament can be found below:
Information for Local Programs
The State Bowling Tournament will offer competition in Ten Pin or Candlepin Individual competition. There is not a required Area Bowling Assessment.
To register for the State Bowling Tournament, you will use Agon. Please make sure you are familiar with the timeline below.
|283 Main St., Berlin
|AM (under 22);
|10 Columbus Ave.,
|578 Endicott St.,
|340 Amherst St.,
|2171 Candia Rd.,
|125 Maple Ave.,
|16 Rockingham Rd.,
|216 Maple St.,
|477 Park Ave., Keene
If you need help or have any questions about registration, which includes compliance and the registration process through Agon including intent to participate, registration and scratch, please contact Kelsey Sullivan at KelseyS@sonh.org or by phone at (603) 624-1250 ext. 31.
If you have questions about the season or event, which includes preseason conference call, coaches conference call, final information and day of questions, please contact Brandon Metevier at BrandonM@sonh.org or by phone at (603) 624-1250 x43.
- Competition will be offered in bowling (tenpin and candlepin) across the state as outlined in the table above.
- Training is an important part of athlete growth in both skill development and overall physical fitness. Special Olympics New Hampshire expects teams to train twice a week for 10 weeks prior to the State Tournament, with one practice focusing on sport specific training and one practicing focusing on fitness (cross-training, etc.) to allow for optimal performance and readiness at the State Games.
- Coaches will be contacted after registration closes if a venue change is required.
- If the event is canceled, it will not be rescheduled. Head coaches will be notified via phone or email by 6am on the day of the event.
- Lunch will be provided following competition for morning events and prior to competition for afternoon events.
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019 at 7 pm
To access the call please dial (712) 775-7031 and at the prompt please dial 363090#
We will discuss:
- The season
- Events that will take place
- High-level overview of the event
Intent to participate
Friday, November 30th, 2018 to Thursday, September 12th, 2019
- During the Intent to Participate phase of registration, users must enter all athletes and LPVs with their role and sport in Agon.
- No athlete or LPV may be added to the Games after intent closes and registration opens.
- All athletes, Unified partners and LPVs must be compliant by the end of intent.
- Wheelchair status for each athlete should be reviewed and updated by emailing Sara (if necessary) during intent.
- Local Programs shall provide for adequate supervision and coaching for all athletes. For competition activities, a minimum ratio of four athletes-to-one LPV and/or coach (4:1 athlete-to-LPV/Coach ratio) is expected.
Saturday, August 24th
- Training is an important part of athlete growth in both skill development and overall physical fitness. Special Olympics New Hampshire expects teams to train twice a week for 10 weeks prior to the State Tournament.
Friday, September 13th to Thursday, October 3rd
During the Registration phase, users must enter specific event information (event, level, qualifying score and team) as well as meals information in Agon.
- An athlete may compete in one event.
- Level field must be completed to indicate if an athlete will use a ramp or not.
- Qualifying scores should be entered as the sum of three strings, except bumper events which should be the sum of two strings.
- No event may be added after registration closes.
- Meals information may not be updated after registration closes.
Friday, October 4th to Thursday, October 17th
- During the Scratch phase of registration, users may update qualifying scores and remove athletes, LPVs, and/or their events in Agon.
- Local Programs will be assessed $30 for each athlete and LPV signed up for the Tournament at the end of the scratch period.
Wednesday, October 23rd at 7:00pm
- Please register for State Bowling Tournament Coaches Call on October 23, 2019, 7:00 PM EDT by clicking here.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
We will discuss:
- Draft final schedule
- Lunch menu
- Awards process
- Bad weather
Monday, October 28th
- Final schedule and event information will be emailed to Local Program Coordinators and registered head coaches.