- The personal information we collect and how we use it,
- With whom we share your information,
- The measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, and
- How you can communicate with us about your rights and choices.
INFORMATION SPECIAL OLYMPICS NEW HAMPSHIRE COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect different kinds of information that help us run Special Olympics New Hampshire activities, promote inclusion, raise awareness, and support for our mission. Here are the categories of information we collect and how we use it:
- Your Contact Information is used to provide information to you regarding Special Olympics New Hampshire activities and our mission, and to offer you opportunities to donate to Special Olympics New Hampshire. Contact Information includes your name, address, phone number, email address, workplace or organizational affiliations, and your parent or guardian’s information if you are a minor or an adult with a legal guardian.
- Registration Data are used to organize competitions and other events and ensure the safety of all participants. This data includes your name, demographic information, emergency contacts, travel information, physician information, health information, workplace or organizational affiliations, passport information, and background check information.
- Your Participation Data are used to operate Special Olympics New Hampshire activities, promote Special Olympics New Hampshire, solicit donations, recognize Special Olympics New Hampshire sponsors and partners, and maintain the history of Special Olympics New Hampshire. Participation data include your name, age, gender, competition results, participation history, images, video, and biographical information.
- Health and Research Data are used to understand and address trends and issues affecting the health and inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities. Health and research data include health screening data, survey data, and pre-participation medical form data. Special Olympics New Hampshire uses research data to influence governments, health care providers, and public health organizations to address disparities in access to health care and other public resources for people with disabilities. Special Olympics New Hampshire keeps your personal information confidential and only aggregated research data is published.
- Your Donation History is used for accounting, tracking your giving to Special Olympics New Hampshire, and thanking you for your gifts. We do not store your credit card information, and credit card payments are routed through payment card industry compliant third-party payment services.
- Online Message Boards and similar online tools maintained by Special Olympics New Hampshire allow you to disclose information about yourself publicly. Because of the public nature of these tools, other online users can access information you provide.
In addition, we also collect other technical information such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), CPU type (e.g., Pentium Intel Core), your manner of connecting to the internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); internet protocol address; other information about your geographic location; and/or the domain name of your internet service provider.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from Special Olympics New Hampshire’ web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect non-identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website. Special Olympics New Hampshire uses two different types of cookies — session-based and persistent cookies. Session-based cookies expire at the end of a browser session and terminate once you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them. Persistent cookies are used to provide website analytics. You can manually delete all cookies, including persistent ones, within your browser privacy settings menu.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
Special Olympics New Hampshire will share your personal information in certain additional situations:
- Payment Processing. Special Olympics New Hampshire uses third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone, through the mail, or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers.
- Contractors. Special Olympics New Hampshire uses agents and contractors in order to help with our operations.
- Medical Emergency. Special Olympics New Hampshire will disclose your personal information to medical professionals in an emergency.
- Third Party Researchers. Special Olympics New Hampshire may disclose your personal information confidentially with researchers, such as universities or public health agencies, who are studying intellectual disabilities and the impact of Special Olympics New Hampshire activities. Information will only be published in aggregate form without identifying any individual data subjects.
- Visa Assistance. Special Olympics New Hampshire may disclose your personal information with government authorities for the purpose of assisting you with any visas required for international travel to Special Olympics events.
- Necessity. Special Olympics New Hampshire will disclose your personal information as necessary to protect your vital interest, protect the vital interest of another person, protect public safety, respond to government requests, and report information as required by law.
- U.S. Donor List Exchange. For U.S. donors, we occasionally exchange our donor name, email, and address list with other reputable nonprofit organizations to keep our costs down. If shared, the other nonprofit organization is only permitted to use such information for a one-time mailing or online advertising and cannot use it for telemarketing and/or emailing purposes. You can opt out of this exchange at any time by calling us at (603) 624-1250 or emailing us at SpecialOlympics@sonh.org and providing your complete name, email address, and/or mailing address.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You have the right to:
- Limit the sharing of your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you;
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you;
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you;
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- Have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. We will apply your choices going forward.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and have established safeguards to help protect such information. For example, to protect your privacy, Special Olympics New Hampshire uses passwords to help verify authorized user identity before granting access anywhere your personal information is stored. All online monetary transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” Though we strive to ensure the security of your information on our systems, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include links to other websites from our website. Special Olympics New Hampshire’ privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. When you leave the Special Olympics New Hampshire website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third parties might do with the information. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully before you use any services or programs offered.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Special Olympics New Hampshire
650 Elm Street, 2nd Floor
Manchester, NH 03101