Join us as nearly 100 Special Olympics athletes go for gold in candlepin and ten-pin bowling competition on September 28, 2019. All the information you need for the Upper Valley Area Fall Games can be found below:
Information for Local Programs
This event serves as an opportunity for athletes to compete in an area bowling competition prior to the State Bowling Tournament. Event offerings include ten-pin and candlepin bowling.
Please take a moment to review the rules for ten-pin and candlepin bowling to have a better understanding of the sports.
If you need help or have any questions about registration, which includes compliance and registration process through Agon including Intent to Participate, Registration and Scratch, please contact Kelsey Sullivan at KelseyS@sonh.org or by phone at 603-624-1250 ext.31.
If you have questions about the season and event, which includes Preseason Conference Call, Coaches Conference Call, final games information and day of event questions, please contact Brandon Metevier at BrandonM@sonh.org or by phone at (603) 624-1250 x43.
For bowling day of event questions please contact Brenda Melius at Brenda.Melius@hypertherm.com
• 8:30am: Local Program Check-in at Maple Ave. School
• 9:00am: Opening Ceremonies at Maple Ave. School
• 9:30 – 10:30am: Meal and Local Program Photos at Maple Ave. School
Assessment Games Conclude
• 10:30 – 11:00am: Depart to Maple Lanes
• 11:00am: Competition Begins
• 2:00pm: Competition Concludes (estimated time)
General Event Information
- Meal will be provided.
- Training is an important part of athlete growth in both skill development and overall physical fitness. Special
- Olympics New Hampshire expects teams to train twice a week for 10 weeks prior to the State Tournament, with one practice focusing on sport-specific training and one practicing focusing on fitness (cross-training, etc.) to allow for optimal performance and readiness at the State Games.
- If the event is canceled, it will not be rescheduled. Head coaches will be notified via phone or email by 6am on the day of the event.
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019 at 7 pm
To access the call please dial (712) 775-7031 and at the prompt please dial 363090#
We will discuss:
- The season
- Events that will take place
- High-level overview of the event
Intent to Participate
Until Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
- During the Intent to Participate phase of registration, users must enter all athletes and LPVs with their role and sport in Agon.
- No athlete or LPV may be added to the Games after intent closes and registration opens.
- All athletes, Unified partners and LPVs must be compliant by the end of intent.
- Wheelchair status for each athlete should be reviewed and updated by emailing Sara (if necessary) during intent.
- Local Programs shall provide for adequate supervision and coaching for all athletes. For competition activities, a minimum ratio of four athletes-to-one LPV and/or coach (4:1 athlete-to-LPV/Coach ratio) is expected.
By Saturday, August 24th
- Training is an important part of athlete growth in both skill development and overall physical fitness.
- Special Olympics New Hampshire expects teams to train twice a week for 10 weeks prior to the State Tournament.
Friday, August 23rd to Thursday, September 5th
- During the Registration phase, users must enter specific event information (event, level, qualifying score and team) as well as meals information in Agon.
- An athlete may compete in one event.
- Level field must be completed to indicate if an athlete will use a ramp or not.
- Qualifying scores should be entered as the sum of three strings, except bumper events which should be the sum of two strings.
- No event may be added after registration closes.
- Meals information may not be updated after registration closes.
Friday, September 6th to Thursday, September 12th
- During the Scratch phase of registration, users may update qualifying scores and remove athletes, LPVs, and/or their events in Agon.
Wednesday, September 18th at 6:00pm
Please join this conference call to discuss plans for the Upper Valley Fall Area Games. To access the call, please dial 712-775-7031 and at the prompt dial 363090#.
We will discuss:
- Draft final schedule
- Lunch menu
- Bad weather
Monday, September 23rd
- Final schedule and event information will be emailed to Local Program Coordinators and registered head coaches.