All Special Olympics New Hampshire athletes must abide by the following Code of Conduct. If an athlete violates this Code of Conduct, he/she will be subject to a range of consequences, up to and including being prohibited from participating in Special Olympics.
- Uphold the philosophy, principles and policies of Special Olympics, Inc. and Special Olympics New Hampshire.
- Behave in a manner consistent with Special Olympics core values of mutual respect, integrity, positive attitude, accountability, teamwork and dedication.
- I will practice good sportsmanship.
- I will act in ways that bring respect to me, my coaches, my team and Special Olympics.
- I will not use bad language.
- I will not swear or insult others.
- I will not fight with other athletes, coaches, volunteers or staff.
TRAINING AND COMPETITION
- I will train regularly.
- I will learn and follow the rules of my sport.
- I will listen to my coaches and the officials and ask questions when I do not understand.
- I will try my best during training, divisioning and competition.
- I will not “hold back” in a preliminary competition just to get in an easier finals competition division.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ACTIONS
- I will not make inappropriate or unwanted physical, verbal, electronic or sexual advances on others.
- I will not smoke in non-smoking areas.
- I will not drink alcohol at Special Olympics competitions.
- I will not use illegal drugs.
- I will not take drugs for the purpose of improving my performance.
- I will obey all laws and Special Olympics rules, the International Federation and the National Federation/Governing Body for my sport(s).