All Special Olympics New Hampshire parents/guardians must abide by the following Code of Conduct. If a parent/guardian violates this Code of Conduct, he/she will be subject to a range of consequences, up to and including being prohibited from participating in Special Olympics.
- I will let my athlete choose the sports in which he/she would like to participate. I will not force my choice upon him/her.
- I will remember that athletes participate to have fun and that the game is for them, not the family members.
- I (and my guests) will be positive role models for my athlete and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy and by demonstrating positive support for all athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators at every game, practice or competition.
- I will teach my athlete that doing one’s best is more important than winning so that my athlete will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will refrain from coaching my athlete, or other athletes, during competitions and practices if I am not the assigned coach.