Sharpen up those skies! Are you ready?
2024 Dates to ski:
January 7, 14*, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 18*, 25
Winter Games March 3,4,5
* January 14 is MLK Day, February 18 is MA school vacation, always crazy busy!
The Mighty Yahoo Team:
Please email/txt me by Friday, January 5 by Noon, if you are coming to practice so I can order you a ticket. Also let me know if you are planning to do NASTAR. I will try to have NASTAR put on the NSO account and billed with the ski tickets. If you will be trying NASTAR for the first time, please register at NASTAR.com and give me your number (looks like KNE223). I will submit everyone numbers to Gunstock.
Our practices start Sunday January 7, 2024 at Gunstock. You must be able to attend 50% of the practices to go to Winter Games at Waterville Valley March 3, 4, 5, 2024
We will meet in the Stone Lodge at 8:15 and plan on being on the mountain by 9:00 for stretching and drills. We will not have Try Me closed off and Gates this year due to the small group. Skiers doing NASTAR will run gates at 10:00 on Ramrod Race Course. Free ski after 11:00 and we would like to try to make it to lunch the first practice. With the help of all our volunteers I hope to be able to see everyone ski.
1. Please contact me by e-mail, text or phone to let me know if you are coming to practice by Friday January 5, 2024 by noon. I order the tickets on Friday so they are ready to be picked up on Sunday morning. If I do not hear from you there is no ticket available. Please, please please let me know if you are coming or not this helps with pairing volunteers. No half day tickets available this year. Full day only. Should some thing come up in the morning of the practice call or text me before 8:00am when I purchase the tickets.
Coach Don firstname.lastname@example.org 603 493-5025.
2.The first practice is always the craziest till we get into a routine. Have patience. Remember to bring:
skies/board, poles, boots, FIS certified Helmet, gloves/mittens, googles, ski mask, hot hands if needed, wear team jacket, dress in layers, and bring ski socks. Pack a lunch, energy bar, water bottle if needed Bring a smile! ❄❄🏂🎿❄❄
I am unsure about storing gear in the lodge. Last year the Stone Lodge had a free indoor gear check, no bags can be left on the tables.
3. If you have been requested to update any forms (volunteer, athlete, transfer) please send them to the Special Olympic PO BOX in Concord and keep a copy. These must be in by January 5, 2023. (I have contacted you by separate e-mail, if you didn’t get an email your paperwork is good)
4. Transparency: The Gunstock tickets this year are $28 each for athletes and Volunteers ski free. NASTAR is $5 each daily pass. Please let me know if you will be coming or not to keep our budget tight. Winter Games fees are not available as yet.
5. I will put everyone in for Winter Games Intent. If you do not want to go or cannot make those dates, please let me know.
6. If there is rain, mix precip scheduled for any weekends. I will be watching the weather very carefully. I will cancel on Saturday if there is unsafe driving conditions, rain or wind chill advisories. Do your snow dances!