Thank you for raising funds for Special Olympics New Hampshire through the Penguin Plunge!
Every Plunger needs to raise at least $350 to participate.
The fastest and easiest way to raise money is by creating your own fundraising web page. When you register online for the Plunge, you will be prompted to make your own fundraising page. Customize your page by adding text, photo and video then send it to everyone you know through email and social media.
Donors can use a credit card to donate directly to your Plunge on your fundraising page. All donors will receive an email that will serve as a receipt for their tax-deductible donation.
You can also collect donations by cash and check. Checks should be made payable to “SONH.” Cash donations should be recorded on the cash donor record form. All cash and check donors will be mailed (or emailed) an acknowledgement of their tax-deductible donation.
- Set a goal and reach it in manageable steps
- Encourage your donors to ask their employers about matching gifts.
- Set up your email signature to include a link to your fundraising page.
- If you don’t get an answer the first time you ask, ask again! Many times people mean to donate, but they don’t get around to it. Friendly reminder emails, progress updates, etc., help to nudge the process along. It is also helpful to remind people of the event date and by when you need to collect all donations.
- Remind people why you Plunge. Winter Water Sports are the single largest revenue stream for Special Olympics New Hampshire…check out our impact!
Raise $750 in just one week
|1||Support yourself by paying the registration fee||$50|
|2||Ask four family members to donate $50 each||$250|
|3||Ask five co-workers to donate $10 each||$300|
|4||Ask your employer for a company donation||$400|
|5||Ask five neighbors to donate $10 each||$450|
|6||Ask ten friends to donate $25 each||$700|
|7||Ask five people from social media to donate $10 each||$750|