Thank you to everyone who supported the 2013 Winni Dip. A record 110 individuals braved near-freezing water temperatures on Sunday March 10th to raise more than $60,000 - almost twice what we raised in 2012.
In order to participate in the Winni Dip, participants committed to raising $250. High School students are able to participate having raised $175. Dippers began to check in for the event at 9 am on Sunday morning and prepared for the annual costume parade that began at 11 am. Mark Ericson and Karen Kiley of WOKQ’s Morning Waking Crew served as Masters of Ceremonies. This year’s theme, Cops & Robbers, led to some wonderful interpretations and even some skits. At noon, the first wave of Dippers headed into 33 degree water.
New Hampshire Attorney General Michael Delaney participated in the dip for the 4th year in a row. He along with colleagues from the Attorney General’s office participated and won the costume parade.
2013 Award Winners
- Grizzly Bear (Highest Individual Fundraiser): Woodstock Police Chief Doug Moorhead - Lakes Region Community College - 5th Year in a Row
- 2nd Place: Leon Jesseman - Team Laconia Police Department
- 3rd Place: Christopher Gowen - Lakes Region Community College
- Bear Cub (Highest High School Fundraiser): Andrew Kerns - Laconia HS
- Grizzly Band of Bears (Highest Fundraising Group): Lakes Region Community College
- Band of Bear Cubs (Highest High School Fundraising Group): Milford High School
- Black Bear (Best Costume): Mike Egeler
- Black Bear Cub (Best High School Costume): Andrew Kerns - Laconia HS
- Black Band of Bears (Best Group Costume): Cold Justice
- Black Band of Bear Cubs (Best High School Costume): Profile/Linwood High School
- Brown Bear (Top Fundraiser from the Public Safety Professionals) - Doug Moorhead
- 2nd Place: Josh Henault - Merrimack Police Department
- 3rd Place: Nancy Dixon - Merrimack Police Department
- Brown Band of Bears (New Hampshire County Whose Public Safety Professionals Raised the Most Money Collectively): Hillsborough County
- Brown Band of Cub Bears (New Hampshire County Whose High Schools Raised the Most Money Collectively): Hillsborough County
2011 - 67 Dippers participated in the 3rd Annual Winni Dip raising $37,347.90
2012 - 71 Dippers raised $39,614 for SONH