Thank you for your interest in becoming a Plunger - by participating in the Penguin Plunge you will be supporting 4,686 athletes and Unified partners that participate year-round with Special Olympics New Hampshire. This page will help guide you through the necessary steps to becoming a plunger. Additionally, the information below will help assist you in soliciting friends, family, co-workers and local businesses for support.
There are two ways to Register
1. Click Here
to Register on-line through FirstGiving
Mail completed form
with $50 registration fee to SONH.
- Each registered Plunger is entitled to two complimentary wristbands – one for you and one for a guest. Up to two additional wristbands are available for purchase at $20 each. Want to Join the Fun without braving the icy cold?
- Don’t want to go it alone? Get four or more of your friends to Plunge with you as a Flock!
- Plungers must be at least 15 years old.
- Plungers and their guests may make arrangement to stay at The Ashworth by the Sea Hotel by calling (800) 345-6736.
For the required $350 minimum, Plungers receive the Basic Plunge Package including:
- Two wristbands to the Post Plunge Lunch & Celebration
- Performance Pullover or Hoodie with Penguin Plunge logo
How to do it:
- Create a fundraising webpage where donors can contribute to your Plunge on-line with a credit card. Email the link to you entire contact list and share it on Facebook!
Here is how you can raise $1,000 in one week!
- Day 1: Support yourself $50
- Day 2: Ask 5 family members for $50 each
- Day 3: Ask 10 friends for $25 each
- Day 4: Ask 6 coworkers for $25 each
- Day 5: Ask 6 neighbors for $25 each
- Day 6: Ask 10 people at your church, club or sports team for $10 each
- Day 7: Ask you boss for a company contribution of $50
All Plungers and Pampered Penguins must check-in before 11am on Sunday, February 3rd .
- Arrive early to avoid long lines on Plunge Day by attending one of our early check-in sites (Locations Coming Soon).
- At check-in, you will:
• Turn in any funds raised
• Sign a waiver (if you are under 18, your parent/guardian must sign on your behalf)
• Receive your wristbands for access to the Casino Ballroom and beach (one wristband will allow you to Plunge
and the other wristband will allow your guest to join you at the Casino Ballroom)
• Get your Basic Plunge Package and additional incentives
• Purchase additional lunches (first come, first served)
Want to check-in before Sunday? Visit one of the check-in sites below:
Tuesday, January 29
1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: SONH Office - Manchester, 650 Elm Street
2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Nashua Police Department, Nashua, 0 Panther Drive
Wednesday, January 30
2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Concord Holiday Inn, Concord, 172 N. Main Street -
1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.Keene Parks and Rec Office, Keene, 312 Washington Street -
Ashworth Check-In, Hampton Beach
Friday, February 1 - 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 2 - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, February 2 - 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 3 - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
AGENDA - SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd
|THE PLUNGE TAKES PLACE, RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE|
|9:00 - 11:00am
||Post Plunge Lunch & Celebration|